You can contact us at any time by calling us at 1 866-521-9965 FREE or by writing to us: by fax at 905-795-2128, by email at eStore or by traditional mail at Canon Canada Inc., 8000 Mississauga Rd, Brampton, ON L6Y 5Z7
USE OF THE WEBSITE
You agree that your use of the Website will comply with any and all applicable laws. In addition, you agree not to take any steps in connection with your use of the Website that could adversely affect Canon, including engaging in or attempting to engage in the following conduct:
- - Interrupting the operation of this Website in any manner whatsoever, including by imposing an unreasonable load on the Website's infrastructure;
- - Deleting or revising any material or other information of any other user, Canon or any third party;
- - Removing any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Website or violating any copyright, trademark or other proprietary or intellectual property rights of others;
- - Downloading and aggregating data from the Website for the purposes of any competitor of Canon;
- - Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent;
- - Deciphering, decompiling, disassembling, or reverse-engineering any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Website;
- - Posting advertisements or solicitations of business other than those explicitly approved by Canon;
- - Defeating, investigating, or providing information concerning methods of defeating Website security mechanisms, including by allowing another person to access the Website using credentials issued to you, or by falsifying, deleting, or concealing Internet Protocol header, email sender, or other identifying information;
- - Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Website, or which, in Canon's judgment, exposes Canon or any of its users, customers, or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type;
- - "Framing" or "mirroring" any part of the Website, without Canon's prior written authorization, and you will not use meta tags, links or code or other devices containing any reference to Canon or the Website in order to direct any person to any other web site for any purpose; or
OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All materials on the Website, including but not limited to images, software, audio, text, data compilations, digital downloads and video clips (collectively, the "Content") are protected by copyright under U.S. and Canadian copyright laws, international conventions and other copyright laws. All Content is owned or licensed by Canon or by its third-party licensors. You may view and download the Content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the Content or on any copies of the Content. Any unauthorized use of the Content may violate, without limitation, copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. You may not change the Content in any way or reproduce, publicly display, distribute or otherwise use the Content for any public or commercial purpose. Any reproduction of the Content on any other web site or networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited.
The trademarks, logos, service marks, trade names, product names and slogans displayed on the Website are registered and unregistered marks of Canon, Canon Inc. or third parties (collectively, the "Trademarks"). Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Website without the prior written permission of Canon or such third party that may own other trademarks displayed on the Website. The absence of a product or service name or logo anywhere in the text of this Website does not constitute a waiver of any trademark or other intellectual property rights concerning that name or logo.
NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe in good faith that your copyright work has been reproduced on or linked to the Website without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Canon's legal department with the following information:
- - Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- - Identification of the allegedly infringing material on the Website that is requested to be removed;
- - Your name, address and daytime telephone number, and an e-mail address if available, so that Canon may contact you if necessary;
- - A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- - A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the signatory is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed; and
- - An electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or someone authorized on the owner's behalf to assert infringement of copyright and to submit the statement Notice of claims of infringement on the Website can be sent via mail or fax:
Att: General Counsel
Canon Canada Inc.
8000 Mississauga Rd
Brampton, ON L6Y 5Z7
This contact information is only for suspected copyright infringement. Contact information for other matters is provided elsewhere on the Website. Upon receipt of such a notice of claimed infringement, where Canon in its sole discretion feels such action is warranted, Canon will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any content that is claimed to be infringing upon the copyright of any person under the laws of Canada, and will terminate the Website privileges of those who repeatedly infringe on the copyright of others.
USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS
Certain areas of this Website may offer the opportunity to create an account. You will be asked to create a username and password in connection with such an account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify Canon of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security that you become aware of. Canon cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section if such loss or damage could not have been prevented by reasonable precautions on our part.
If Canon requests that you provide information about yourself in connection with your creation of an account, you agree that the information that you provide will be entirely truthful and accurate. If the information that you provide to Canon changes, you agree to promptly provide Canon with updated information.
USE OF SOFTWARE
Any software that is available on this Website ("Software") is the copyrighted work of Canon, its affiliated companies and/or their respective licensors. Copying or reproducing the Software to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is strictly prohibited, unless such reproduction or redistribution is permitted by a license agreement accompanying such Software. You may not create derivative works of the Software, or attempt to decompile or reverse-engineer the Software unless otherwise permitted by law. Use of the Software is subject to the license terms of any license agreement that may accompany or is provided with the Software. You may not download any Software until you have read and accepted the terms of the accompanying software license.
COMMUNICATIONS AND SUBMISSIONS
By posting, uploading, adding, communicating, storing, or otherwise transmitting Communications on, to, or through the Website, you understand and agree that you are giving Canon a royalty free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable license to edit, alter, broadcast, post, publish, copy, disclose, distribute, perform, create derivative works from, incorporate and otherwise use the Communications and images, sounds, text, and other things embodied therein for any and all purposes, including commercial, promotional, or marketing purposes throughout the world in any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed. However, you agree that Canon has no obligation to use any idea or material contained in a Communication and you have no right to compel such use
You agree that none of your Communications will include material that:
- - Is unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, indecent, obscene, pornographic, or that may violate any law;
- - Expresses or implies that any statements you make are endorsed by Canon; Could interfere with anyone else's use of the Website;
- - Encourages or incites anyone to break the law;
- - Violates the rights of any party, including copyrights and other property right and rights of privacy, or that includes personal or sensitive information regarding yourself or another person;
- - Contains a commercial solicitation of any kind;
- - Contains a virus or any other harmful or potentially harmful component; or
Internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any Communications that you send to this Website may be read or intercepted by others. By sending Communications to Canon, you release Canon of any duty or obligation it might otherwise have to review or act in response to the Communication, and of any duty or obligation that it might otherwise have to you in connection with any action it chooses to take in response to your Communication.
Canon and its affiliates (collectively, the "Canon Group of Companies") have been actively engaged in research and development in diversified scientific and business areas for many years. In order to protect the interests of the Canon Group of Companies in the ideas and information which have been conceived or developed internally, and to avoid possible future misunderstandings with you or others, Canon does not solicit ideas, inventions, and the like or agrees to receive any confidential information from persons or entities outside the Canon Group of Companies. Canon maintains a strict policy of not accepting or considering any creative ideas, suggestions or materials from the public ("Unsolicited Ideas") and therefore you should not submit any Unsolicited Idea to Canon in any Communications through this Website or otherwise. Canon does not wish to receive Unsolicited Ideas from you and has expressly advised you not to submit them. If you nonetheless intend to submit an Unsolicited Idea, Canon strongly recommends that you first consult a lawyer in order to evaluate the effect that submitting such an Unsolicited Idea would have on any rights that you might otherwise have.
Nonetheless, if you do send Canon an Unsolicited Idea that is not already protected by a patent or is not public information, it immediately becomes the property of Canon. By submitting an Unsolicited Idea to Canon, you agree to convey your ownership interest in the Unsolicited Idea to Canon and that Canon will exclusively own all rights, title and interest therein. Furthermore, Canon will be free to use, without any compensation to you whatsoever, any concepts, ideas, know-how or techniques contained in any Unsolicited Idea for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
CONTESTS, SWEEPSTAKES AND OTHER PROMOTIONS
RULES FOR KIDS (UNDER THE AGE OF 13)
This Website is not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without complying with applicable laws.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
The products and services displayed on this Website are intended for sale in Canada only and may not be available for purchase in your particular country or locality. The reference to such products and services in the Website does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time in your particular location.
MENTION OF THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS, COMPANIES AND WEB SITES ON THIS WEBSITE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND CONSTITUTES NEITHER AN ENDORSEMENT NOR A RECOMMENDATION. LIKEWISE, LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE ONLY. LINKS FROM THIS WEBSITE TO ANY OTHER SITE DO NOT MEAN THAT CANON APPROVES, OR ENDORSES OR RECOMMENDS THAT SITE. CANON ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES YOU MAY SUFFER FROM ACCESSING ANY CONTENT ON ANY OTHER SITE IF SUCH DAMAGES COULD NOT HAVE BEEN PREVENTED BY REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS ON OUR PART.
OTHER USERS OF THE WEBSITE MAY SUBMIT COMMUNICATIONS IN A WAY THAT IS PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE, AND CANON CANNOT PREDICT THAT COMMUNICATIONS THAT USERS POST WILL BE APPROPRIATE FOR ANY PARTICULAR AUDIENCE OR THAT YOU WILL NOT BE HARMED BY VIEWING SUCH CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE. CANON THEREFORE ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF SUCH COMMUNICATIONS IF SUCH DAMAGES COULD NOT HAVE BEEN PREVENTED BY REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS ON OUR PART.
CANON ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGE TO OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THE WEBSITE, OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO, OR AUDIO FROM THE WEBSITE IF SUCH DAMAGE, LOSS OR CORRUPTION COULD NOT HAVE BEEN PREVENTED BY REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS ON OUR PART. ADDITIONALLY, CANON IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IF SUCH DAMAGE, LOSS OR CORRUPTION IS CAUSED BY ACTS OF NATURE, OR FORCES OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. NOTWITHSTANDING THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY CONTAINED HEREIN, IN NO EVENT SHALL CANON'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THE WEBSITE.
The Terms and any related sale shall be deemed to have been made in the Canadian province where you reside (the "Province") and shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Province and the federal laws applicable therein, without regard to its conflicts of law principles. You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts situated in the Province for all disputes or disagreements arising pursuant to, or transactions and relationships contemplated by these Terms and waive any objections as to personal jurisdiction or as to the laying of venue in such courts due to inconvenient forum or any other basis and undertake to file no action or bring no complaint in any other court.
Canon Canada Inc., 2017. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.